Owning a hose reel is one vital step towards improving your gardening experience. There are different types of these reels in the market including the stainless steel garden hose reel. Hence, you have a lot to choose from depending on your need and interest.
Types of Hose Reel
Below are the major types of hose reels, each explained with their advantages and limitations.
1. Stationary Hose Reel
These are used for gardens without very many corners. They are often fixed at a spot with winding support. This support is one of the major advantages of this type of hose because it makes winding up the hoseless strenuous.
- They are easy to operate
- They are easy to store
- Set up is not time-consuming.
- They are difficult to assemble
- They are less flexible
2. Hose Reel Cart
This is a classic model with a manual winding system. It is most suitable if you are working on a large surface area. It will also be an added advantage if you have various sources of water for this purpose.
It could have either two or four wheels, different models have different styles. It also has a built-in handle for easy transport.
- They are beautifully designed
- They are very durable
- They function well on rough surfaces
- Sturdy handle for easy transport
- They rust after a continued use
3. Retractable Hose Reel
Unlike the reel cart, a retractable hose reel gas an automated rewinding system. With this reel, pipes can easily be rolled out or in depending on what you need.
The tension required for this type of automatic rewinding is generated from a spring system. This is the same mechanism used in wall reels.
- Operation is easy
- They are suitable for most plants
- Retraction is often obstructed for no obvious reason
4. Metal Hose Reel
The major significance of this type of hose reel is that they are constructed with metallic materials. Some metal hose reels are designed to be stationary while others are more flexible.
The most popular types of metal reels in the market these days are those with easy winding and unwinding mechanisms.
- Because the parts are made of metals, they are highly durable.
- It ensures comfort
- Some models are flexible and mobile
- It is easy to install.
- It rusts easily and therefore not suitable for prolonged use
5. Decorative Hose Reel
These types of reels are quite popular because of their aesthetic function. It looks like something straight from a royal store. Other than beautification, they still serve the basic function of storing a water hose efficiently and effectively
- They are used to beautify the environment
- They are made from long-lasting material
- They are easy to install and use.
- It could break down and lead to water leaks.
Having read through, you must have realized that there are a lot of garden hoses in the market today. It ranges from stationary to more mobile ones. Remember that making a choice should strictly be dependent on your peculiar needs.